Starting Mobcomics Creator
- MAC: Launch the MobcomicsCreator.app from your Mac’s Applications/ folder
- WINDOWS: Launch the MobcomicsCreator.exe file
Creating a new comic project with Creator
- Select File/New Comic
- Create a new folder and select it
Creator shows a default cover, icon and other default data for the comic.
Adding an image file
- Click Add (in the Page Image Files area of the left side of the window)
- Select an existing comic page image file from your computer
File name is added to the Page Image Files listbox.
Adding a panel
- Click Add (in the Panels area)
- Zoom in or out to have a suitable view of the image
- Point the upper left corner of the desired panel with keeping the mouse button pressed
- Point the lower right corner of the desired panel to define the panel, and release the mouse button
- Repeat the previous steps to create more panels
Image file name is added to the Panels listbox. Image is shown on the center view with a dotted line rectangle indicating the panel boundaries.
The created panel is now visible in the Phone Emulator area.
Viewing comic in the Phone Emulator
- Change phone emulator zoom factor to suit your screen (default is 75%)
- Click Go To Cover (in the Phone Emulator area) to view the default cover of the comic
- Click through the comic to vie view cover, title view, instruction view and the panels
Finalizing the comic
- Add more image files and panels to the comic
- Add a cover image for the comic by clicking Cover (in the Application Image Files area)
- Add an app icon for the comic by clicking Icon (in the Application Image Files area)
- Enter Title, App Name, Creator(s) and your Website URL to the Comic Info area
- Click Save and review the comic using the Phone Emulator
Previewing the comic on your smartphone
- Click Preview
- Enter your email address (that you can use to receive emails on your phone)
- Click Send
- Creator will prepare an email to be sent with your computers email client (yes, you send an email to yourself)
- Send the email
- Open the email with your phone’s email app
- Click the attached link
- Review the comic on your phone’s mobile Web browser
This version of the comic is a mobile optimized webpage (that you can use to share your comic). To create an actual mobile application of your comic, see the specific instructions.
Building an Android application
- This functionality is not yet supported by the Windows version of Mobcomics Creator. You can still get the app built by Mobcomics (just contact us via: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Select File/Export/Android App
YourComicNameAndroidApp.apk file is created to your project folder.
Building a Symbian application
- Select File/Export/Symbian App
YourComicNameSymbianApp.wgz file is created to your project folder.
Opening an existing comic project
- Select File/Close Comic to close the current comic, if you have one open
- Select File/Open Comic
- Select the folder you created for the comic project and select project.mbc
- The saved comic is open and shown in the Creator
Submitting to the app stores
- See Submitting Apps